So, finally got a couple games in with Rask. I played against a new player running ret. As he was still learning and did not have a lot of models, we did a 25 point game.
His list, from memory.
Ossyin
hypnos
mage hunter strike force with ua
battlemages
battle mage floaty guy(don' t know his name)
sniper
sylys
My list was
Rask
wrasler
snapper
full posse
full raiders
2 feral giests
First turns were fairly normal, we both basically ran up the board. I tried a couple shots at his MHSF, but could not hit with the raiders.
Turn 2 he had a good turn. Shatterstorm is a thing. I lost just under half of the raiders to it from the MSHF. I hypnos then void locked my wrasler, which meant he could not be forced. I then lost a feral giest to some battle mages.
I then used boundless charge to get around the void lock and charged hypnos, and promptly failed to hit him on the charge attack. My gators moved up and began to kill off his battlemages. My raiders continued their no hitting streak. I also disrupted hypnos with Rask's gun. Got one giest onto a flag and scored a point.
Turn three he tried but failed to kill my wrasler, and then took out a single gator from the unit. He then advanced his MHSF and got me down to 3 raiders. I scored another point.
Wrasler then killed off hypnos and my gators finished off the unit of battlemages, save one who passed his command check. My raiders killed off nothing with shooting, but did kill a Mage hunter on the charge. I went to 3 points.
Turn 4 he goes for the assination run with ossy and feated. after about 12 shots he took rask down.
It was a good game and I was helping him along as we went. I never feated, which would have prevented the caster kill. Things I did learn, power 10s have a huge issue removing gatormen. Raiders might need to aim against the higher def models out there. Feral Giests to get points on flags are awesome. Rask's gun is good, still sorting out what to do with it in target priority.
Second game was a quick 15 point game. Spitter did a great job clearing the high armor infantry. The wrasler then got a lane and failed to kill Ossyin by 1 damage point. I have to remember to put fury on the wrasler. He then failed a run at my caster, and I killed ossyin on the next turn. It was a great day of gaming, and I look forward to getting some more games in with Gators and Pigs in the future.
Sounds like you had fun! I have not had the pleasure of facing Retribution yet, no one in my Meta runs them. If you like Rask, you should check out Rask-i-sode by the Matter of Pact podcast.
ReplyDelete